Foro1: Our Nig
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Tu primer tema

+18
Henry Jiménez Balboa
odalis hernandez
atalo96
Alondra Centeno
Itzel Maldonado
Melisa Leyva Rivera
Alma Avelino
William Avendaño
Jaycie Gonzalez
Fabiola Durán
ariane
Susana Martinez
sofia Zavala
Carolina Job
LauraVianney
Margarita Bravo
Sergio Enrique
Admin
22 participantes

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente

Tu primer tema Empty Tu primer tema

Mensaje por Admin Miér Abr 20, 2016 3:13 am

Lee esta información antes de lanzarte en la administración de tu foro:

¿Cómo acceder a tu panel de administración?
En el menú superior, presiona conexión: una nueva página se abre, luego escribe el nombre de usuario "admin" y la contraseña que has indicado en tu inscripción. Si has perdido tu contraseña, pulsa aquí. Una vez conectado, presionas el vínculo "Panel de administración" en la parte inferior de la página.

¿Cómo modificar el aspecto de tu foro?
Seleccionando un tema (cada tema contiene imágenes, iconos y colores diferentes). Para ello, ve al panel de administración, luego presiona "Gestión" y elige uno de los temas propuestos. Siempre podrás modificar o elegir otro tema.

¿Cómo administrar las categorías y los foros?
Puedes añadir, modificar y suprimir las categorías y los foros que habías creado en cualquier momento e indefinidamente. Para ello pulsa en el panel de configuración, luego en gestión en el pequeño foro y luego presiona añadir (un foro o una categoría).

Admin
Admin

https://ournig.foroactivo.mx

Tu primer tema Empty Re: Tu primer tema

Mensaje por Admin Miér Abr 20, 2016 3:15 am

After reading the text "Our Nig" answer the following question.
What is the social message of the story? Think about all the possibilities and explain.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Sergio Enrique Vie Abr 22, 2016 1:24 am

The social message is too wide to have just one simple point.

The story tells us that we should help people in trouble ignoring the color of their skins. Because at the end we all are people that love, feel, get sick, die, etc. So we are not that different. In other words; do not fall into prejudice, Judging people is not our biggest task in this life but helping people if we have the opportunity.

Frado was a girl who suffered so much by her mistress but she was taught to forgive people and their acts. And, if you are religious you probably can understand why. But it doesn’t matter if you are not, because learning to forgive and accept apologizes is one of the most important lessons in life.

Sergio Enrique

Tu primer tema Empty Social message

Mensaje por Sergio Enrique Vie Abr 22, 2016 1:25 am

The social message is too wide to have just one simple point.

The story tells us that we should help people in trouble ignoring the color of their skins. Because at the end we all are people that love, feel, get sick, die, etc. So we are not that different. In other words; do not fall into prejudice, Judging people is not our biggest task in this life but helping people if we have the opportunity.

Frado was a girl who suffered so much by her mistress but she was taught to forgive people and their acts. And, if you are religious you probably can understand why. But it doesn’t matter if you are not, because learning to forgive and accept apologizes is one of the most important lessons in life.

Sergio Enrique

Mensaje por Admin Vie Abr 22, 2016 1:44 am

Hello Enrique:

I agree with you. There are different social messages in the story and precisely that is what I want you to analyze. I like the two reflexions you mentioned in your message. Let's see what your classmates say.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Margarita Bravo Vie Abr 22, 2016 5:15 am

I think the mainly message is that we do not have to make differences between people. We have to take apart the racism, which was the main topic in the story, in my point of view. We need to accept each other. And if we have the opportunity to help, why do not do it?
Another thing is that in the story, the people who Frado lived with were Christians, and that is the worst. Is is supposed that they believed in God and all his commands. And one of those commands is that we do not have to judge people. Because people are valuable for their way to act or being not dependepns about their physical appearance.

Margarita Bravo

Mensaje por LauraVianney Vie Abr 22, 2016 7:06 am

I agree with my classmates that one of the most important messages that gives us the story is about accepting and respecting others regardless of their differences.

I also believe that other message can be the responsibility as fathers or mothers, because regardless of the needs or problems the people could have, as mother or father their children must be one of the most important things in the lives of people. I saw the difference between how Frado wants to move forward and fight for the welfare of her child and as his mother that preferred to abandoned her.

LauraVianney

Tu primer tema Empty My big: Main social message

Mensaje por Carolina Job Vie Abr 22, 2016 11:44 pm

I totally agree that in a story so complex and rough, there are several problems to be talked about. I'll talk about what really moved. I think the main social message would be racism

Mrs. Belmont treated Frado like she wasn't human, just because her skin was darker. This slight difference, just her appearance, turn her life into a living hell. For something so adsurb and irrelevant the most basic rights were stolen from her .This might seem like an non-existent problem in our time and culture but that's how black people was really treated at some point of time and maybe the problem is not as obvious as it was before, but it still exist.

Because of their racist culture, they treated Frado like she couldn't think or feel, even though she was just A CHILD. It broke my heart when she, at such a young age, questioned why God couldn't have made her white, probably thinking that there was something terrible wrong with her and maybe she deserved to be treated like that, since she practically grew up with that horrible idea.  No

Carolina Job

Mensaje por sofia Zavala Sáb Abr 23, 2016 11:02 pm

I agree with what my classmates have said, the main message here is racism, there is nothing worse than a human being treated like an animal to another being of the same species, so I feel that also talks about the humanity in this case, when Mrs.Belmont mistreats Frado she was being inhumane to treat it that way, is something sad that follow still exist persons who commit things like this, becuase is real and not go too far, there is racism in Mexico and it is our responsibility to stop it, to be more humans .

sofia Zavala

Mensaje por Susana Martinez Sáb Abr 23, 2016 11:06 pm

I think that this story have many social messages, for example i think that racism is one of the main problems or messages in the story.

This story was so sad i think we all were gradually connecting at that time when black people were slaves of white people and they did not have a fair deal as Frado that she was beaten by Mrs. Bellton and her daughter Mary whom was influenced by her mother to abuse physically and verbally of Frado.

Also i think that Frado's mother had the blame because after Jim died, she abandoned her responsability as a mother and left Frado with the Bellmonts.

Susana Martinez

Mensaje por ariane Dom Abr 24, 2016 6:09 am

I consider that one of the most principal social problem is the "irresponsibility" and "loveless"
when Frado's mother decided to leave her, this action shows not only "irresponsibility" but also not have fellings of love as "mother".
Another problem is the "ignorance" since to be racist is equivalent to be ignorant.
Frado had to face several problem and one of the saddest was the racism. Mr Belton and her daughter treated her like a "slave" literally just because her skin was darker. Unfortunatelly, this sort of problems happen nowadays, the society reject people who is different to them. Sad

ariane

Mensaje por Fabiola Durán Dom Abr 24, 2016 8:16 pm

I agree with my classmates. There were many points in the story.  The main factors or messages for me were the following. First of all the part when Frado’s mother leaved her with the Bellmont family. I could not believe how a mother could be so careless about her child and just leave her there like an animal.

Secondly the racism, even though the girl was not completely “black”, in those times if you were black (in this case not very dark) you were considered a slave. The way Mrs. Bellmont and his daughters treated Frado was horrible.

I consider that those social messages (abuse, racism and abandonment) even though it has been passed many, many years, nowadays the humanity keep doing that, young mothers who have unwanted children, white people who depreciates black people and the abuse in many families not just because of the colour of the skin, there are many violent parents who paid with others their problems.

Fabiola Durán

Mensaje por Jaycie Gonzalez Dom Abr 24, 2016 9:28 pm

I agree with my classmates, the social message is the racism and also about help people in troubles like said my classmate Enrique. In some moment we can be in a trouble and people can help. Try to form a bond with people, be friendly, be polite and never discriminate beliefs or skin color of other.
Another point that caught my attention, when Frado demanded why she was not White like her sister, that part had a impact to me because I can see that racism still exists until today in day and how black people feel when they are discriminated and they are not accepted by society like in the case of Frado.
Other message that I can see is tray to be open mind and look more possibilities to help people and do not criticize if you do not know his/her story.

Jaycie Gonzalez

Mensaje por William Avendaño Lun Abr 25, 2016 1:01 am

I agree with my classmates, the main social message that story tell us is that we should not discriminate people according their skin color. Irresponsibility and goodness are also points in history because no father o mother should sell or abandon their children by their skin color, much less to prefer the couple.
Goodness occurred when Bellmonts' family adopted Frado because of her mother abandoned her with them.

I think that nowadays racism is one the most common social problems because they make distinction between race, color, lineage, national or ethnic origin. On my opinion society should not reject people by their physical characteristics. Evil or Very Mad

William Avendaño

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Lun Abr 25, 2016 2:51 am

One of the social message in the story is about the racisme. The color or race discrimination to Frado. The unconsciousness of Frado´s mother to leave her children only because they were different in their color skin. That action is completely loathsome.

Other thing that I consider like a social message is about the people´s opinion in our life. I think that Frado´s mother gave much importance about the opinion from white society to her children, so she didn´t want her children. She felt rejected for that reason she decided leave her children.

Discrimination is a big problem from ignorant people who doesn´t have values, those people who doesn´t feel happy with themselves and then they jugde other people with the purpose to disparage them. Mad Mad Mad Mad

Alma Avelino

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Lun Abr 25, 2016 3:06 am

Susana Martinez escribió:I think that this story have many social messages, for example i think that racism is one of the main problems or messages in the story.

This story was so sad i think we all were gradually connecting at that time when black people were slaves of white people and they did not have a fair deal as Frado that she was beaten by Mrs. Bellton and her daughter Mary whom was influenced by her mother to abuse physically and verbally of Frado.

Also i think that Frado's mother had the blame because after Jim died, she abandoned her responsability as a mother and left Frado with the Bellmonts.

I agree with you about that Frado´s mother was guilty with respect to every bad things that happened in the Frado´s life because she must take responsability about her sons when her housband died as a common mother. Crying or Very sad Sad Mad

Alma Avelino

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Lun Abr 25, 2016 3:20 am

Fabiola Durán escribió:
I agree with my classmates. There were many points in the story.  The main factors or messages for me were the following. First of all the part when Frado’s mother leaved her with the Bellmont family. I could not believe how a mother could be so careless about her child and just leave her there like an animal.

Secondly the racism, even though the girl was not completely “black”, in those times if you were black (in this case not very dark) you were considered a slave. The way Mrs. Bellmont and his daughters treated Frado was horrible.

I consider that those social messages (abuse, racism and abandonment) even though it has been passed many, many years, nowadays the humanity keep doing that, young mothers who have unwanted children, white people who depreciates black people and the abuse in many families not just because of the colour of the skin, there are many violent parents who paid with others their problems.

Yes Fabi, I agree with you, and I think that you have reason about that the problem of racism has been paseed many years and I don´t understand why, because all people are equal, we have the same value, people deserve equal treatment. Perhaps in our physical appearance we are different but inside we have the same organs all people born equally from a woman and I don´t see the distintion between being a white person or if I have black skin. Rolling Eyes Exclamation

Alma Avelino

Mensaje por Admin Lun Abr 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Good morning!

Thank you all for participate in this forum. Very good reflections about the topic. Please keep it up!

Regards,

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Melisa Leyva Rivera Lun Abr 25, 2016 10:27 pm

I also agree with my classmates, I think it doesn´t matter what skin color the person is, i mean we have to respect all those people who are not like us for example the religion, the race, etc. no one is more or less than other. I also want to mention that if a person is in a trouble or need help we must have to help that person, because someday we will need help of somebody. I also think that some people follows a steriotype for white people, they think that white people are the best kind of people that could exist. but there are wrong, we have the same values and rights.

Melisa Leyva Rivera

Mensaje por William Avendaño Lun Abr 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Melisa Leyva Rivera escribió:I also agree with my classmates, I think it doesn´t matter what skin color the person is, i mean we have to respect all those people who are not like us for example the religion, the race, etc. no one is more or less than other. I also want to mention that if a person is in a trouble or need help we must have to help that person, because someday we will need help of somebody. I also think that some people follows a steriotype for white people, they think that white people are the best kind of people that could exist. but there are wrong, we have the same values and rights.

I agree with you Melisa, it is also important that we respect the religions of others, also we should not reject them by skin color, I think we all have the same feelings and values, so if we underestimate a person, we would exclude their from society and therefore make their feel alone as Frado.

William Avendaño

Mensaje por William Avendaño Lun Abr 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Susana Martinez escribió:I think that this story have many social messages, for example i think that racism is one of the main problems or messages in the story.

I agree with you Susana, you are right to mention that black people are slaves of the white people and in a certain way is racism, I insist that we should not reject people because of their skin color, besides we should not make distinction between humans.

William Avendaño

Mensaje por Itzel Maldonado Lun Abr 25, 2016 11:54 pm

I agree with my classmates about the principal problem of this story that is the discrimination and the racism but other important thing is too the humilit and a important role which has the religion. For example, the only person who was good with Frado was Mr. Bellmont, no matter that she was black.
Although Frado had a bad treatment from Mrs. Bellmont, she never hated her  because their custom with  their religion did not allow him to do so. Frado taught to forgive people and their acts.
Although the story focus was on racism against black people , I think that everyone should be treated equally and we all have the same rights as a person, not to be white, has more right than another by be black. Today people is based more on stereotypes, because publicity shows only white people and they believe are the most  '' beautiful'' than the black people. No mother should abandon their children because the other person ask you do it , if he do it, he does not love you. Leave your children for someone else is the greatest sin that you may commit.

Itzel Maldonado

Mensaje por Alondra Centeno Mar Abr 26, 2016 1:40 am

I think the main social message is the discrimination like the racism for the color, religion, genre, etc. But it is also important mention about Mag Smith´s irresponsability . The story has a clear example about these topic, one example is when Mag Smith decided to marry with Jim, the people start to discriminate against him, but when he died, she married with Seth, and she wanted to sell her own children. In this part we can see  Mag´s irresponsability that she did not care her own children. In my opinion I can not believe that an animal has more feelings looking after babys  than a person.

Then Mag Smith betrayed her daugther Frado with Mrs. Bellmount. Frado is a beautiful mulatto, but she suffered much mistreatment by Mrs. Bellmont and Mrs. Bellmont´s daugther. Personally i admire to Frado because she tolered all mistreatment, this is a example for me because i think that people must make conscience about these topic that all must be modest and helping to people.
All deserve to be respet about our faith, color, genre, etc.

Alondra Centeno

Mensaje por atalo96 Mar Abr 26, 2016 1:43 am

I guess the story message is the racism, the story show us that you don´t need to be white or black to be better that someone else you just need to be who you are.
the recism is something unacceptable nobody has the right to humiliate just for the reason that you may thing diferent than the others or by the way that you are or your phisical apparience.

The history have been marked morbid stories about racism we can not fail to note as hunting of Jews and thise auto-biography is a good example about rascim because i consider that thise one is the main part of the story

atalo96

Mensaje por odalis hernandez Mar Abr 26, 2016 1:50 am

I totally agree with all of you, in this story the principal  problem is the racism. In fact there are some others problems here but, from my point of view the racism is the most important or that is more present in the story; because it is shows since the beginning of the story. Frado was depreciated by her mother because she did not want take care of Frado, and when Frado came to the  Bellmont's home began her suffering and even more her torture. She was abused only because she was black person,  she was discriminated and she spend all her life in this way.
My personal opinion about this story is that the racism has been present in all ages, because nowadays we are faced with this situation, causing damages to people and hurting their feelings and this is a bigger social problem not only in our country in fact in some other countries too. Rolling Eyes

odalis hernandez

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente