Foro1: Our Nig
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Foro 2. Dry september

+14
Henry Jiménez Balboa
Alma Avelino
Melisa Leyva Rivera
Susana Martinez
Carolina Job
William Avendaño
Itzel Maldonado
sofia Zavala
Fabiola Durán
Jaycie Gonzalez
LauraVianney
Sergio Enrique
Margarita Bravo
Admin
18 participantes

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente

Foro 2. Dry september Empty Foro 2. Dry september

Mensaje por Admin Miér Abr 20, 2016 3:23 am

After reading the text "Dry September", answer the following questions.
What are the similitudes between Minnie and Emily (A rose for Emily)?
What happened at the end?

Admin
Admin

https://ournig.foroactivo.mx

Foro 2. Dry september Empty Re: Foro 2. Dry september

Mensaje por Margarita Bravo Miér Abr 20, 2016 5:21 am

They both have been single then they fell in love but the people in town do not see good that relation. Because it was a different year And where the people used be more serious than today,and nowadays everything is more eassy with a couple.
And about the end I understood that the ex-soldier, McLendon took revenge with the black guy killing him.(it was not mentioned but i think that was what happend) because it was supposed the black one had raped that white woman, and although there were some other guys telling that the black man was innocent. McLendon can believe that because that guy was black. So there was racism in the story.

Margarita Bravo

Foro 2. Dry september Empty Dry september

Mensaje por Sergio Enrique Vie Abr 22, 2016 2:07 am

What are the similitudes between Minnie and Emily (A rose for Emily)?
I think that both of them were judged by the people in the town because Neither Minnie nor Emily could find a man to be with them. However we are talking about a long time ago when a women must comply some expectations of society. In addition, Minnie and Emily were also judged for loving the wrong man even if they knew that or not but the whole town talked about it when they were not around.

I believe that the Negro died and McLendon felt guilty about it. As I said we are talking about a time where black people were the "only" bad people. So MacLendon lost his head when heard men defending the Negro instead the white woman. Perhaps McLendon never thought that the end would be like that.

Sergio Enrique

Mensaje por LauraVianney Vie Abr 22, 2016 7:26 am

The similarities for me are that the people judged them, both were single and they never married, and they ended with a mental disorder because of their experiences.

I think that McLendon killed the Negro. Also that he was the one who raped Minnie because the attitude that he had with his wife was strange and I understand that he occasionally came home late.

LauraVianney

Mensaje por Jaycie Gonzalez Sáb Abr 23, 2016 2:45 am

*Similitudes
I think like my classmates, they were judged by society, they did crazy things like Emily locked the man that she loved and I think that Minnie invented that abused her, I think that they did it for a reason and it was because they needed to feel loved by a man.

*What happened at the end?
At the end McLendon arrived his house and he carried a gun, I think that he killed Will Mayes maybe society in that time discriminates to the black race and society blamed them of all and I think that Minnie was crazy at the end because she laughed like a crazy and their friends said “Poor Minnie” and it is other similitude. Neutral

Jaycie Gonzalez

Mensaje por Fabiola Durán Sáb Abr 23, 2016 4:12 am

I think that one of the main similitudes is that both of them were “alone”. Emily was alone after her father’s death and Minnie even though she had her mother, in the story it seemed that the relation between them was kind of distant.

Another similitude is that Emily and Minnie could not find “the real love”. They had a terrible love life, the men they were with were not the indicated. As in A rose for emily, the people used to say "poor Emily" all the time and in this story the people said the same.

As my classmates shared, Minnie and Emily were judged by the society. It could affected them in a deep way and that could be the reason of their different (strange, kind of weird) behaviour

About the end of the story, I believe that Mr. McLendon (with the other guys) murdered Will Mayes. It seemed that Mr. McLendon was a violent an racist man. I do not think that Will did something to Minnie, perhaps it was just a plan to kill him because of his colour.

Fabiola Durán

Foro 2. Dry september Empty Re:Foro 2.Dry September

Mensaje por sofia Zavala Sáb Abr 23, 2016 7:25 am

I think the similitudes are that both were lonely women who experienced a loving desilusion, both characters were town women , they were judged by the people of the town , and even they got crazy at the end of the story.

I believe that at the end the Negro died or something horrible happened to him. I think the end was of suspens and the author wanted to make us wonder what happened , and in my opinio i think that the negro was murdered by McLedon because he doesnt believe in black persons, he was a racist man, and I think he was the person who raped Minnie , so maybe he just killed him to deceive himself .

sofia Zavala

Mensaje por Itzel Maldonado Sáb Abr 23, 2016 7:39 pm

I think both women were in similar situation because they were alone, single, they never married, the people of the town just judged them because they loved ''the wrong man'' and in the end had mental problems.

At the end of the story I believe that McLendon murdered to the Negro because McLendon was a really racist man, he did not like black people and he was the only one who could raped to Minnie.

Itzel Maldonado

Foro 2. Dry september Empty Dry september

Mensaje por William Avendaño Lun Abr 25, 2016 3:17 am

I think that the similitudes between Emily and Minnie were that the town gossiped and rumored about them because were single woman and they never married no man. In addition they chose the man "wrong" and could never feel loved. Somehow they felt alone.

About the end of the story, Will Mayes was murder by McLendon with a gun in order to preserve Minnie Cooper's integrity and honor , as a result of that, Will Mayes was guilty simply because Minnie Cooper suggested that he raped her. When McLendon arrived home after from the killing, he struck his wife due to was a racist and violent man.

William Avendaño

Mensaje por Admin Lun Abr 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Good morning:

Very good reflections, please continue participating.

Regards,

Admin
Admin

https://ournig.foroactivo.mx

Mensaje por Carolina Job Lun Abr 25, 2016 7:31 pm

The similitudes are that both, Emily and Minnie, were middle age women that haven't got married. And not only that but both of them have been in unhealthy relationships that made the town gossip about them every time they had the chance. I think the same social pressure made them cling to the first man that showed them affection.

At the end I think McLenon murdered Will because Minnie's rape accusation. They didn't have any proves of the rape but just because he was black he was believe guilty.

Carolina Job

Mensaje por Susana Martinez Lun Abr 25, 2016 9:25 pm

The similarities between Emily and Minnie are that both of them lived with their families most of their life, Emily with her father and Minnie with her mother and aunt.
I think that Minnie was femme fatale but the society considered her repulsive than attractive and Rose and Emily the society had some pity and they were judged by the people of the town because they were unmarried and maybe because they "felt in love" with the wrong man to say the least.

What happened at the end of the story?
I think Mr. McLedon killed Will Mayes because he looked like a racism man and he did not like black people and he was the murder of Will just being black.

Susana Martinez

Mensaje por William Avendaño Lun Abr 25, 2016 11:36 pm

Itzel Maldonado escribió:I think both women were in similar situation because they were alone, single, they never married, the people of the town just judged them because they loved ''the wrong man''  and in the end  had  mental problems.

At the end of the story I believe that  McLendon murdered to the Negro because  McLendon  was a really  racist man, he did not  like  black people and he was the only one who could raped to Minnie.

You right Iztel, I think that McLendon raped Annie and due to that he killed Will so that nobady  suspected him, on my opinion, his figure as an authority was hypocrisy. I also think that the Minnie´s rape perhaps it made many men were interested in her again. Smile

William Avendaño

Mensaje por William Avendaño Lun Abr 25, 2016 11:48 pm

LauraVianney escribió:The similarities for me are that the people judged them, both were single and they never married, and they ended with a mental disorder because of their experiences.

I think that McLendon killed the Negro. Also that he was the one who raped Minnie because the attitude that he had with his wife was strange and I understand that he occasionally came home late.

I agree with you Vianney, I also think that McLendon raped Minnie due to his violent behavior, he was violent with his wife then he may have raped her.

William Avendaño

Mensaje por Melisa Leyva Rivera Mar Abr 26, 2016 12:32 am

The simimilitudes between Minnie and Emily are that they were in love of a man, and the town judged them, Minnie and Emily have a similar age. In the case of Minnie was in love with a forbitten love, and Emily´s problem could be that the man was "gay". So no one could be happy in love.

About what happened at the end of the story. I agree with my classmates that Mr. McLedon killed the Negro because it seems that Mr. McLedon felt certain contempt for Will and I think this is racism, just because Will had black skin.

Melisa Leyva Rivera

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Mar Abr 26, 2016 2:29 am

In my opinion the similitudes between Emily and Minnie are that both were in the same situation because they didn´t have a boyfriend and even people called them "spinster". Emily and Minnie were middle age woman. People judged their life. Furthermore Emily and Minnie wanted certain man in their life and in both situations in the end they were alone.

At the end McLedon killed Will because he and white society discriminated to Will and only for that reason I think that McLedon killed Will.

Alma Avelino

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Mar Abr 26, 2016 2:34 am

Melisa Leyva Rivera escribió:The simimilitudes between Minnie and Emily are that they were in love of a man, and the town judged them, Minnie and Emily have a similar age. In the case of Minnie was in love with a forbitten love, and Emily´s problem could be that the man was "gay". So no one could be happy in love.

About what happened at the end of the story. I agree with my classmates that Mr. McLedon killed the Negro because it seems that Mr. McLedon felt certain contempt for Will and I think this is racism, just because Will had black skin.

I agree with you about Emily and Minnie needed love from a man. They were alone and I think that they wanted companion. Moreover I think that McLedon Killed the negro too. Sad

Alma Avelino

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Mar Abr 26, 2016 2:40 am

LauraVianney escribió:The similarities for me are that the people judged them, both were single and they never married, and they ended with a mental disorder because of their experiences.

I agree with you. The same situation about the people judged the life of Emily and Minnie. For that reason I think that the main problem in the story was racism and people´s gossip. Mad

Alma Avelino

Mensaje por Henry Jiménez Balboa Mar Abr 26, 2016 4:01 am

I think that the similarities between those women are that they both wanted to be with a man who loved them. They did not want to be alone.

At the end, I think that Mclendon killed Will, because Minnie assured that Will had raped her and Mclendon believed it because at that time "the women did not lie". Smile

Henry Jiménez Balboa

Mensaje por Alondra Centeno Mar Abr 26, 2016 5:22 am

Both fall in love of a man and they had problems in the love. it also has similarity they were attack for the people because in both story were criticise, they were not married other point is that  they  had the same age. other similarity is that the people said to minnie ¨poor minnie¨like emily.

in the end of the story it was confused for me although i suppose that Mr. McLedon was who murdered to Will Mayes because the end said he was cleaning his body of the blood. study

Alondra Centeno

Mensaje por Susana Martinez Mar Abr 26, 2016 9:51 pm

Jaycie Gonzalez escribió:
*Similitudes
I think like my classmates, they were judged by society, they did crazy things like Emily locked the man that she loved and I think that Minnie  invented that abused her, I think that they did it for a reason and it was because they needed to feel loved by a man.

*What happened at the end?
At the end McLendon arrived his house and he carried a gun, I think that he killed Will Mayes maybe society in that time discriminates to the black race and society blamed them of all and I think that Minnie was crazy at the end because she laughed like a crazy and their friends said  “Poor Minnie” and it is other similitude. Neutral

I agreed with you Jaycie i think that they did that because they needed to be loved and both of them were judged by the society only because in this time if a woman did not get married she was considered repulsive or maybe stranger.

Susana Martinez

Mensaje por Susana Martinez Mar Abr 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Alma Avelino escribió:
Melisa Leyva Rivera escribió:The simimilitudes between Minnie and Emily are that they were in love of a man, and the town judged them, Minnie and Emily have a similar age. In the case of Minnie was in love with a forbitten love, and Emily´s problem could be that the man was "gay". So no one could be happy in love.

I agree with you about Emily and Minnie needed love from a man. They were alone and I think that they wanted companion. Moreover I think that McLedon Killed the negro too. Sad

I agreed with you they felt in love with the wrong man, neither Emily nor Minnie were happy, and they were alone all their life without a man and maybe without friends Sad

Susana Martinez

Mensaje por yuriana trinidad Miér Abr 27, 2016 11:00 pm

well, They both have been single then they fell in love but the people in town do not see good that relation.but the different between Emily and Minnie is that Emily lived with her father and Minnie with her mother and aunt.so they decided to choose a man because they did not want to be alone.

yuriana trinidad

Mensaje por yuriana trinidad Miér Abr 27, 2016 11:02 pm

i agree they did want to be alone and for that they decided to choose a wrong man

yuriana trinidad

Mensaje por odalis hernandez Jue Abr 28, 2016 12:22 am

What are the similitudes between Minnie and Emily ?
With respect to this question I believe that they grew lonely, what is more with a very few friends, I can imagine Minnie and Emily both in a middle age. But, What happend to them? So they got in love with a wrong man and finally they were betrayed. At the end of the stories Minnie and Emily were alone.

There is not an exactly end, I think that Mr. MccLendon was who killed to Will, because Will was considered to be the aggressor of Minnie, but it is not mention in the story.

odalis hernandez

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente