Foro1: Our Nig
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Foro 2. Dry september

+14
Henry Jiménez Balboa
Alma Avelino
Melisa Leyva Rivera
Susana Martinez
Carolina Job
William Avendaño
Itzel Maldonado
sofia Zavala
Fabiola Durán
Jaycie Gonzalez
LauraVianney
Sergio Enrique
Margarita Bravo
Admin
18 participantes

Página 2 de 2. Precedente  1, 2

Foro 2. Dry september - Página 2 Empty Re: Foro 2. Dry september

Mensaje por Giezi.Sinai Vie Abr 29, 2016 6:28 am

What are the similitudes between Minnie and Emily (A rose for Emily)?
These two characters feel alone, without nobody love them. They wanted to find love at the expense of everything else.
They did not matter what happen with them or with the people who surrounded them as for example Minnie with Will Mayes and Emily with Homer.
They did not matter about townpeople said but they wanted someone to love.

What are the similitudes between Minnie and Emily (A rose for Emily)?
What happened at the end?
Both stories had the similar ends because both characters achieve their aim: find the love in their sweethearts; risking all they had did not matter what they were risking as their honour. They just wanted someone to love.

Giezi.Sinai

Mensaje por Giezi.Sinai Vie Abr 29, 2016 6:36 am

Reply to odalis

Yes, I agree with you.
They were alone and just their family's love maintained them for example with Minnie her mother and aunt's love and with Emily her father's love.
But if their families did not stay with them, they suffer a lot as it they were shy or did not wanted to talk with their townspeople.

Giezi.Sinai

Mensaje por Giezi.Sinai Vie Abr 29, 2016 6:42 am

Reply to Jaycie Gonzalez

I agree with my classmates that they only wanted to do was had somebody to love them.
But them wanted to do all that they could to achieve their aim: to catch their lover

Giezi.Sinai

Mensaje por odalis hernandez Vie Abr 29, 2016 7:03 pm

Margarita Bravo escribió:They both have been single then they fell in love but the people in town do not see good that relation. Because it was a different year  And where the people used be more serious than today,and nowadays everything is more eassy with a couple.
And about the end I understood that the ex-soldier, McLendon took revenge with the black guy killing him.(it was not mentioned but i think that was what happend) because it was supposed the black one had raped that white woman, and although there were some other guys telling that the black man was innocent. McLendon can believe that because that guy was black. So there was racism in the story.

I agree with you Margarita, in the ancient time people used to be more formal with respect to the relationship. This for that marriage was very important for women. Nowadays we live in a society more free but, when a relationship is not good for people they began to criticize and talk about it as a sin.
About the end of the story, I believe that Will was innocent and he was killed iniquistously. he was blamed only because he was a black man. In both stories the racism is present, I believe that this is an act that never has been eradicated over years.

odalis hernandez

Mensaje por odalis hernandez Vie Abr 29, 2016 7:28 pm

LauraVianney escribió:The similarities for me are that the people judged them, both were single and they never married, and they ended with a mental disorder because of their experiences.

I think that McLendon killed the Negro. Also that he was the one who raped Minnie because the attitude that he had with his wife was strange and I understand that he occasionally came home late.

hello! vianney,
You say absolutely the truth, Minnie and Emily were judged by the townspeople, because their actions to got a couple. But, you see this is a situation that is continually happen nowadays in our society. This two stories were developed in an ancient age and although years has changed we are facing this social problems yet. the criticized, discrimination and the racism are present in our daily lives.
About the end the racism was present at all with the death of Will (The negro). there is not a clear end but we can imagine it.

odalis hernandez

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 2 de 2. Precedente  1, 2