Foro1: Our Nig
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

The Great Gatsby

+18
Henry Jiménez Balboa
Edgar Valdés Duque
sofia Zavala
Itzel Maldonado
Sergio Enrique
Melisa Leyva Rivera
Carolina Job
Giezi.Sinai
Margarita Bravo
William Avendaño
atalo96
Fabiola Durán
Alma Avelino
yuriana trinidad
odalis hernandez
LauraVianney
Susana Martinez
Admin
22 participantes

Página 3 de 3. Precedente  1, 2, 3

The Great Gatsby - Página 3 Empty Re: The Great Gatsby

Mensaje por Alondra Centeno Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 5:16 am

Itzel Maldonado escribió:In my opinion, nobody was honest, nobody told the truth, except Nick, if he had told the true and he had helped to finish with the problems, maybe the story had had a different end and he had been the unique honest character, but he not do it. Gatsby always lied, because he never told about how he become to be rich, never told that had an illegal job. Tom and Daisy, I think they were the worst liars, Tom had a lover and Daisy just was with Gastby by his money, she didn't love him.
And I don't think money play an important role in honesty because for to be honest you just need to have education, is many cases the money just destroy the people.

hello itzel

i think your thinking it is not correct for me because Jay is clear example about this topic he lied with respect his businness and he lied all the society even though to daysi. it also the education in this time really is very a little, some rich people are rude and dishonest.

Alondra Centeno

Mensaje por LauraVianney Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 5:51 am

Alma Avelino escribió:
Hello william!
In some parts I disagree with your opinion about Nick was a faithful or honest person, he lied Gatsby because he did not want to tell him that Daisy never would leave his housband for Gats, also he did not tell Gatsby abour the relathionship between Tom and Mirtle. Nick lied Tom due to help Daisy and Gatsby to stay together even Nick knew that Daisy was married.
Hello Alma,
I think that Nick was dishonest, but also I believe that Nick did not have the responsability to say other about it, because It was a problem from this three people; if i were nick i would advise them but not more

LauraVianney

Mensaje por LauraVianney Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 5:58 am

Hello Sinai,
I desagree with you. I think that Gatsby did not want to be famous or all that things. As Atalo Said, he lied because all that he really wanted to be with the woman he loved.
Giezi.Sinai escribió:
atalo96 escribió:well the honesty and money plays an important role in the story and i guess all the characters had lied in especific cases, for me gatsby just wanted to be happy whit the girl how he love him ok i share the idea that gatsby lied abount all around his life but he did with good intention.
Perhaps greed or ambition for power made lie Gatsby because Deysi was  used to the good life and he tried to give her the best of him.
Now let me talk abot Nick Carraway  i really believe that he has lots of responsability because he knew Gatsby and Deysi however lack of honesty makes the story interesting.

Reply to Atalo

I think that in the story, Gatsby just wanted to be admired for having money and being able to have many friends say only that he was a millionaire. So his honesty was a proof because he wanted to be famous, have many friends and his dreamed girl who was Daisy

LauraVianney

Mensaje por Jaycie Gonzalez Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 6:33 am

I think the same that my classmates, nobody told the truth throughout the book, I think Gatsby only made extravagant parties to draw attention Daysi maybe he did not want have anyone's attention except Daysi, his love.

Tom and Daysi were cut with the same scissors, Tom was fooling Daysi with Mirtle and Mirtle was cruel when she reminded Tom about Daysi in the Gatsby’s party, she should not say anything, in other part Daysi only married with Tom by money, Tom was a good family and when Gatsby and Daysi had their love affair, I think that she had not been with him. Nick always knew the truth of each one and nevertheless he did not say the truth to none.

The money was a factor very important in the story because i think that the money moved into society and just to fit between them and feel important. I do not believe that you need money to be important.

Jaycie Gonzalez

Mensaje por Jaycie Gonzalez Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 6:56 am

Fabiola Durán escribió:
Personally, I think that nobody was “honest”, at the beginning of the story I though Nick was the good character, he had goals, admiration and he believed in honesty and friendship. But as the problems happened he knew the truth of some problems and he did not say anything. He could count like a loyal person, his loyalty to Gatsby was big.

About the other characters in my opinion they were completely liers. Gatsby was involved in illegal deals. Honesty?  Of course not, but he lied also because he really loved his old love, Daysi.

Daysi and Tom were cheaters. The honesty did not exist in their marriage. Tom was used his strong to intimidate others and cheated her wife. Daysi did the same, she cheated Tom with Gatsby so she was not honest.

I think everyone lied in some way and because of their “reasonable” reasons, but as I said I don’t think there was a truly honest person in the story.

Hi Fabi,
I agree with you regarding Tom and Daisy, their marriage was based on lies, they were never honest.
I also agree with regarding and when someone know the truth but that person never says anything, is the case of Nick, he know the truth of each one and he only keep silent.

Jaycie Gonzalez

Mensaje por Jaycie Gonzalez Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 7:34 am

odalis hernandez escribió:hello !
For me this is a great story. It is clear that honesty is not present in any chapter of the story, I believe that anybody is proud on telling the truth, because all characters hide truths about others and lied at least once.
Gatsby seems as a good man (at the beginning of the story) but, thought it we can see that he has a dark past, so nobody know how he became a rich man.  He is believed to be drug trafficker  and that he has an ilegal business, so he organises parties to seem good in the society. From my point of view Gatsby is one of the most liar character.
I consider that all people of the story are liars, everybody wanted to keep back his or her mistakes in order to protect themselves from the society criticizes.
About the last question, honesty is a value that is develop in order to our personal growth, money here is a material thing we can get it in every age of our life. For that, I think that money is not a factor for be honest, honesty depends of our personal values without take into account if we are poor or rich people.

Hi Odalis,
I agree with you, the money is not a important factor to be honest. The values we learn at home are those who show them everybody. I think that if Gatsby had practiced the honesty in that time he would have been a great man but despite the love that Daysi felt, she had never considered as a husband because at that time everything revolved around money.

Jaycie Gonzalez

Mensaje por tania izelt lopez ramirez Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 11:02 pm

I don't think any of them are honest people,  they're all careless. Careless with cars, women, money and with alcohol at least gatsby is honest enough to Know what he wants. At least he's in touch with his id. But  also he can be dishonest in some the story,  he tells about his past, but later,  when Nick black to the time gatsby told him all the truth,  he lied to some or other form, the end result of the novel is money does not bring happeness, one could say that because of gatsby  dishonest.  
I think money is not important,  the most important are us we who person. What us is our being and knowledge.

tania izelt lopez ramirez

Mensaje por ariane Mar Mayo 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Unfortunately the honesty was not a characteristic of the novel, in fact all the lies was building all the story since The great Gatbsy is based on lies. Firstly the main Character "Gatbsy" was dishonest unwisely because he was abosesed to marry with Daysi but he was also poor and he was embarrased to be and for these reason he became a rich person, but his business were illegal. he had a lover called Daysy who was wife of Tom and he had a lover too, she was Mittler, she is a avaricious woman. sadly there was a infidelity which does not mean honesty. however the character who could have avoided all was Nick, but he prefered not to tell the truth. I think the Gatbsy's father was the only one who was proud to say the truth about his son, he described his son very well.

you can be rich and being humble, you can be poor and being arrogant. you can be rich and being honest you can be poor and being deshonest. It does not matter what economic social standard you are. the values depend of your education, they are a personal feature.

ariane

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 3 de 3. Precedente  1, 2, 3