Foro1: Our Nig
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

A streetcar named desire

+16
atalo96
Jaycie Gonzalez
Giezi.Sinai
Alondra Centeno
Melisa Leyva Rivera
Alma Avelino
LauraVianney
Fabiola Durán
odalis hernandez
yuriana trinidad
William Avendaño
Susana Martinez
Margarita Bravo
Carolina Job
Sergio Enrique
Admin
20 participantes

Página 1 de 3. 1, 2, 3  Siguiente

A streetcar named desire Empty A streetcar named desire

Mensaje por Admin Mar Mayo 03, 2016 1:24 am

Explain how each of the four main characters – Blanche, Stella, Stanley, and Mitch – display desire, illusion, loneliness and addiction.  How these feelings influence their actions?

Admin
Admin

https://ournig.foroactivo.mx

A streetcar named desire Empty Feelings and humans

Mensaje por Sergio Enrique Mar Mayo 03, 2016 3:21 am

Explain how each of the four main characters – Blanche, Stella, Stanley, and Mitch – display desire, illusion, loneliness and addiction. How these feelings influence their actions?

Blanche: Blanche was a lonely woman who lived in world full of lies and ilussions because she lied to her sister and everyone else about her life. But as she said she "didn't lie" she just turned reality in something better. She displayed that through the way she lived life and all the things she said (lies).

Stella: Stella was addicted not to alcohol or cigarettes but to Stanley, even when he hurt and beat her every night she just couldn't be without him. She displayed that through the way she forget every time that her husband lost his mind and acted so rude and violent.

Stanley: Stanley was a man who didn't believed in ilusions or something magic. He only believed in what was real, a really tought man. But he was addicted to alcohol so everything he got drunk he lost control at the point that he kick and hit her wife even whe she was pregnant. So he displayed that through anger and fury.

Mitch: Mitch felt ilusions and desire of being with Blanche. But he felt so betrayed when he discovered that everything was a lie. He really loved Blanche, but he didn't know everything about her, so he couldn't see Blanche anymore. He had many arguments against Stanley who was his best friend just to protec Blanche from lies.

Sergio Enrique

A streetcar named desire Empty Re: A streetcar named desire

Mensaje por Admin Mar Mayo 03, 2016 3:25 am

Hello Enrique:

Thank you for such accurate comments. Very good analysis of the characters.

Regards,

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Carolina Job Miér Mayo 04, 2016 3:49 am

Blanche - She was definitely addicted to her lies. She rather be living a lie that confronting her real life and problems. She was lonely, she searched for men's approval, somehow trying to give herself some value every time a man wanted to sleep with her. She tried to gain respect and prestige again by getting married, one again giving all her value as a person depend on other's approval. She was really scared and insecure.

Stella: Stella was a young woman who seemed to have made it. She chose to take Stanley's side instead of her sister's. Even when her husband treated her so badly, she didn't leave him, she dependent too much on him.

Stanley: He was obsessed with show Blanche's lies, that was what he desired, even though she was his sister in law. He apparented to be a good man, husband and friend, but he only wanted things his way. He was a pretender just as Blanche. He was addicted to alcohol, and when he got drunk he left all his rage come out. He did not only hit her wife but raped Blanche, and he didn't seem to feel guilty about it.

Mitch:I believe Mitch was the most innocent among the characters, though no less lonely nor needy. He behaved like a gentleman, but he just wanted to get married to bring a wife to his house before his mother's death, and Blanche could fulfill that desire of his . When he found out about Blanche's lies he felt really mad, I can understand that he felt betrayed and fooled, but I think that asking her to have sex with him was out of the question. He didn't want to get married or have anything to do after knowing the truth but he asked her that like she owned him. At the end he felt bad for her.

Carolina Job

Mensaje por Margarita Bravo Miér Mayo 04, 2016 7:20 am

Blanche: I think she is the only one that displays all those fellings at the same time.She had the desire to be truly loved by a real and honest man because the first one has lied her about his sexuality and then he killed himself. Then we have illusion. Since the story tells us that she had a song in her mind everytime she felt sad and worry; which remindered her when she used to dance with her husband that shows us that she was not okay. Even when she talked about that rich man who was a friend of her, that was just in her imagination. She displays loneliness too. When she lost her husband as a woman and as a wife, she feels completely alone. And of course that is the reason why she had sex with another men because she wanted to be loved as a woman. She just had her sister and nobody else with her. So she had the necessity to be love. She just wanted that.
And finally we have addiction. She was an alcoholic and even she had a addiction about taking baths everytime she felt anxious. And those addictions made her to forget her pain and her letdown,and feels better.
Stella: I think she is just afraid about loneliness. Most woman have the idea that they could not be enough to live by themselves and that they need to be with a man to be happy. She suffered violence from her husband. And althought she was sometimes tired of that abuse and wanted to leave him, the man asked forgiveness and she accepted to stay only because that is what women have supposed to do. And as I said she did not want to be alone with her newborn.
Stanley: He had an addiction with the alcohol and so that when he got angry he hit his wife. But at the same time he was afraid of loneliness too. When he hit her inmeditely went after her and asked forgiveness. So he felt in the same way as the others.
Mitch: Mitch have thw fellings of desire and loneliness. He was innocent, rspectful and honest. He just had the dream to be loved, get married and have children. Althoght he lived with hia mother he wanted to have a wife. He had had a bad and sad experience before and as he tought that he and Blanche shared the same, he wanted to be with her. But then he knew about the real Blanche and change his mind and had loneliness again.
In this story we can see that the main problem is the lack of love. And not just the fact to be loved by someone else, it is to love ourselves. It sounds like somethig romantic and silly . But that is the true in this world. Most people want to be loved as Mitch and Blanche and another ones have to learn to love themselves as Stella. She did not even have respect for herself. And maybe the love would be a good solution to change the way to think for so many. I know it is weird but that ia the true.

Margarita Bravo

Mensaje por Admin Miér Mayo 04, 2016 4:32 pm

Hello Carolina:

Do you think Stella was a codependent person or do you think she was afraid? Or perhaps she just wanted to mantain her status?

What was Mitch motivation for his actions?

Please explain.

Regards,

Carolina Job escribió:Blanche - She was definitely addicted to her lies. She rather be living a lie that confronting her real life and problems. She was lonely, she searched for men's approval, somehow trying to give herself some value every time a man wanted to sleep with her. She tried to gain respect and prestige again by getting married, one again giving all her value as a person depend on other's approval. She was really scared and insecure.

Stella: Stella was a young woman who seemed to have made it. She chose to take Stanley's side instead of her sister's. Even when her husband treated her so badly, she didn't leave him, she dependent too much on him.

Stanley: He was obsessed with show Blanche's lies, that was what he desired, even though she was his sister in law. He apparented to be a good man, husband and friend, but he only wanted things his way. He was a pretender just as Blanche. He was addicted to alcohol, and when he got drunk he left all his rage come out. He did not only hit her wife but raped Blanche, and he didn't seem to feel guilty about it.

Mitch:I believe Mitch was the most innocent among the characters, though no less lonely nor needy. He behaved like a gentleman, but he just wanted to get married to bring a wife to his house before his mother's death, and Blanche could fulfill that desire of his .  When he found out about Blanche's lies he felt really mad, I can understand that he felt betrayed and fooled, but I think that asking her to have sex with him was out of the question. He didn't want to get married or have anything to do after knowing the truth but he asked her that like she owned him. At the end he felt bad for her.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Admin Miér Mayo 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Hello Margarita:

When you say:
Then we have illusion. Since the story tells us that she had a song in her mind everytime she felt sad and worry; which remindered her when she used to dance with her husband that shows us that she was not okay.

Do you mean that someone with illusions is not OK?
Do you really think Stanley was afraid of being alone? Or was he just a violent man with a psychologial disorder?

How about Mitch? If he wanted to be loved? Why was he still living with his mother? Why he never got married?

Regards,

Margarita Bravo escribió:Blanche: I think she is the only one that displays all those fellings at the same time.She had the desire to be truly loved by a real and honest man because the first one has lied her about his sexuality and then he killed himself. Then we have illusion. Since the story tells us that she had a song in her mind everytime she felt sad and worry; which remindered her when she used to dance with her husband that shows us that she was not okay. Even when she talked about that rich man who was a friend of her, that was just in her imagination. She displays loneliness too. When she lost her husband as a woman and as a wife, she feels completely alone. And of course that is the reason why she had sex with another men because she wanted to be loved as a woman. She just had her sister and nobody else with her. So she had the necessity to be love. She just wanted that.
And finally we have addiction. She was an alcoholic and even she had a addiction about taking baths everytime she felt anxious. And those addictions made her to forget her pain and her letdown,and feels better.
Stella: I think she is just afraid about loneliness. Most woman have the idea that they could not be enough to live by themselves and that they need to be with a man to be happy. She suffered violence from her husband. And althought she was sometimes tired of that abuse and wanted to leave him, the man asked forgiveness and she accepted to stay only because that is what women have supposed to do. And as I said she did not want to be alone with her newborn.
Stanley: He had an addiction with the alcohol and so that when he got angry he hit his wife. But at the same time he was afraid of loneliness too. When he hit her inmeditely went after her and asked forgiveness. So he felt in the same way as the others.
Mitch: Mitch have thw fellings of desire and loneliness. He was innocent, rspectful and honest. He just had the dream to be loved, get married and have children. Althoght he lived with hia mother he wanted to have a wife. He had had a bad and sad experience before and as he tought that he and Blanche shared the same, he wanted to be with her. But then he knew about the real Blanche and change his mind and had loneliness again.
In this story we can see that the main problem is the lack of love. And not just the fact to be loved by someone else, it is to love ourselves. It sounds like somethig romantic and silly . But that is the true in this world. Most people want to be loved as Mitch and Blanche and another ones have to learn to love themselves as Stella. She did not even have respect for herself. And maybe the love would be a good solution to change the way to think for so many. I know it is weird but that ia the true.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Susana Martinez Jue Mayo 05, 2016 5:42 am

Blench: she was lying all the time to keep appearances, she was well flirtatious and conceited, i think she was addicted to flirt with young men, her sexual insticts make have an interest in young men. All her actions did that she drifted away from reality because she believed her own lies, and i think she was fraid of being alone and she did not want that they discovered who she really was.

Stella: she was a submissive woman, although her husband beat her she always forgave him and she had no addictions but apparently her only addiction was to be with Stanley.

Stanley: he was tough, wild, and possessive, he had no beliefs at all, he had the behavior of an animal and he was addicted to alcohol, when he was drunk he beat Stella eventhough she was preganant and finally also he raped Blanche.

Mitch: i think Mitch was the character who really had the illusion to get marry and he wanted to have a family with Blench but he felt betrayed when he knew all the lies of Blench, he was disappointes so much that he could not see her more.

Susana Martinez

Mensaje por Margarita Bravo Jue Mayo 05, 2016 6:11 am

Hello teacher
When i said that she had illusion i took it like when someone use to invent events or things,whatever.something that just lives in her mind. And when i said that she was not okay i was not referring that she was crazy. She talked about a rich man who was supposed her friend but that was just a lie, i think. Then that song that played in her head, that was just her imagination caused by that problem with her husband. That is the reason why i said she was not okay, but emotionally.
Then we have Stanley. Of course he had psychological disorders caused by the alcohol. Bu it was supposed that we were talking about feelings. Personally i think that he was afraid of being alone. So the fact that he went after her wife and ask forgiveness when he hit her that was just because he did not want to loose her. He was afraid of feeling and staying desolated. Well that was what i could see and understand.
And finally Mitch. Of course he lived with her mother. But that does not mean thst he was happy. The love from your mother is not the same as a woman who ia your couple. And about why he never got married? He had suffered from love before. Maybe he was waiting for his real and true love. Then when he meets Blanche and he feels identify with her because what happend in their both lives was similar. But when he knows about the real Blanche he feels dissappointed. And maybe he did not marry because of that.
Maybe that was not what my classmates could see or understand. But that was my opinion and what i could analyze from the entire story.
Regards

Margarita Bravo

Mensaje por Admin Jue Mayo 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello Margarita:

Thank you for clarifying your responses. Very good reflection.

Regards,

Margarita Bravo escribió:Blanche: I think she is the only one that displays all those fellings at the same time.She had the desire to be truly loved by a real and honest man because the first one has lied her about his sexuality and then he killed himself. Then we have illusion. Since the story tells us that she had a song in her mind everytime she felt sad and worry; which remindered her when she used to dance with her husband that shows us that she was not okay. Even when she talked about that rich man who was a friend of her, that was just in her imagination. She displays loneliness too. When she lost her husband as a woman and as a wife, she feels completely alone. And of course that is the reason why she had sex with another men because she wanted to be loved as a woman. She just had her sister and nobody else with her. So she had the necessity to be love. She just wanted that.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por William Avendaño Jue Mayo 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Blanche: she was a vain woman who had sexual impulses, besides she was judged by her sexual behavior because I had sex with her students. When she arrived home from her sister, she invented a world of fantasy based on lies that she eventually believed her own lies. She dressed smartly to attract attention Stanley's friends. When her husband died, Blanche was lonely and wanted a companionship and reciprocal support.

Stella: She was a young woman who depended on Stanley; she always forgave Stanley because she was obsessed by Stanley. Besides, she defended her sister against her husband but when she uncovered information about Blanche's past, she refused to believe it. Furthermore, she has good reason to suspect that her husband raped Blanche but she pretended it never happened.

Stanley: He was obsessed man with sex, alcohol and gambling. His well-built appearance made him look like a violent man and a sexist, this happened when he took off his shirt to show his strange side and his manhood to Blanche. When he hit his wife and raped Blanche, he had not resentments because he was a man without feelings he liked mistreating and abusing women.

Mitch: he pretended to be a good and educated man. He wanted to marry and form a family with a woman who will love him, because of this; he tried to be a gentleman to attract attention of Blanche. When he uncovered Blanche's dark past, he tried to rape her but she escaped from the house and yelled for the neighbors to hear her.

William Avendaño

Mensaje por yuriana trinidad Jue Mayo 05, 2016 9:08 pm

blanche: i think she was a wowan judged by the society, her family fortune and estate are gone, she lost her husband years ago, he suicided. she had a problem with alcohol, blanche is an unsure and dislocated person and for that kind of problem that she had passed she considered a woman who has never known indignity. she was lonely, she searched her hapinness into men

stella: she shared a robust relationship with Stanley. she had not addiction but she suffered from abuse of Stanley, i think that she did it for her son.

stanley: is a bad person who had an addiction with the alcohol gambling, bowling and sex, and for that reason hit his wife. he apparented to be a good man, husband and frined.

Mitch: is the only person who seemed understand the tragedy of blanche, he was alone because he suffered the death of a loved one. he wanted to be with a person.

yuriana trinidad

Mensaje por odalis hernandez Jue Mayo 05, 2016 11:00 pm

WHAT FEELINGS DISPLAYED THE CHARACTERS?

Blanche: She was a lonely woman, she had had some problems because her sexuality disorders, she also was addicted to cigarettes for that she had never found a man that really love her, she was addicted to youth and she always wore elegant dresses and lots of jewelry. Blanche had the illusion to find love and get married, and when she moved to her sister home maybe she thought that she could do it, because it was her big desire. Blanche told to her sister some lies and she was well received. But what was her surprise? her brother in law was always trying to discover her past criticizing and bothering her.

Stella: she was a submissive woman, and she was abused by her husband Stanley he mistreat her lots of times. She displayed desire to be with that man, and maybe she is afraid to loneliness for that she refuses to leave him.
She was pregnant I believe that she wanted to keep her social reputation too, or maybe she had the illusion to have a cosy family. I think that it is a situation that is present nowadays too, some women think that if they do not have a couple they can't do anything alone. For that woman refuses to report abuses to authorities.

Stanley: I have a lot of things to tell about him, so he was an addicted man to alcohol, I believe that he did not have illusion about nothing, also he used to be a violent man and he hit his wife more than once, without take into account that she was pregnant. I believe that he had only two desires: incommode and discover Blanche's lies and get drunk every day with his friends.
He is a clear example of a male chauvinist, not only of the ancient times.

Mitch: From my point of view he was the only person who believed in love of all story's characters. He was a good man educated and respectful. Mitch was in love with Blanche and his only desire was get married with her. He was a lonely man too, his only illusion was to catch the Blanche's attention. Mitch was always willing to help Blanche and he wanted to be ok with her all the time. I think that his only addiction was his love for Blanche.

odalis hernandez

Mensaje por yuriana trinidad Jue Mayo 05, 2016 11:29 pm

every one has their reasons and they were lier. i agree with you susana the only man who does not had  addiction and wanted to get married and had a family was Mitch .Smile

yuriana trinidad

Mensaje por Fabiola Durán Vie Mayo 06, 2016 1:29 am

Blanche was a box of surprises. Her attitude was very randomness. I would like to say that she displayed desire because of her loneliness, when she said that she really wanted a man who loved her and to be there to protect her. She was all the time wishing that, but unfortunately it did not happen. The illusion could be when she “heard” the bustle of people and the sound of a shoot that supposedly happened but in many scenes of the film she used to heard or repeat the same scene. But those were just illusions. Also when she invented or believed that a man was going to take her to a cruise.

About the loneliness, I think that something that really represented it was when she was looking for a man to be her husband. Probably because she wanted somebody (apart of her sister Stella) to make her happy and probably to escape of the poverty and her bad image in the other town. The addiction could be to wear expensive and fashion clothes that help her to raise her esteem. She seemed to use many perfumes, jewellery and pretty dresses that someone poor could not allow it.

These feelings influenced in a strange way, she was completely crazy. Personally I think that the society was a main factor for her. She wanted to be a pretty, fine and good lady, but her life was not completely like that and also when she lost her husband obviously  was horrendous for her and could traumatized her.

Stella was a woman who suffered abuse. The illusion probably was her idea of having a relax and normal housewife life. Even thought she was not rich, she looked well when Blanche came to her house. The desire…I would say that her husband was her world. Despite Stanley was an alcoholic, bettor and sometimes hurt her, she always forgave him.

About her loneliness, probably it could be when her husband needed to work many hours and she was alone all of that time. I think that’s why she was very happy when Blanche stayed with her, before all the disaster of course. Stella’s addiction could be again her husband. She was aware of Stanley, she was all the time following him, keeping an eye on him. She really loved him or just was obsessed with him.

I think these feelings soon or later would affect her in some way. Her marriage probably would be always unestablished and the fights would be worse and worse.

Stanley was a completely problem. His addictions of course was the alcohol. He was an alcoholic man and also the poker. Probably in those times those were the thing that the men used to do, but it was affecting his marriage. His desire was the money. When Blanche came to his house the first he asked Stella was about her property. He used to say that there was a law who allowed something like equality, but he just wanted the money.

His illusion probably was to have a son, a pretty wife and be rich. I can imagine that those were the main thing he wanted, but his job was not very good so they were not rich. About the loneliness… I don’t think he felt that. All these feeling converted him in a horrible person, I mean, he was an alcoholic as I said, and he was a violent person. Even though his wife was pregnant, he hit her. Come on! Just a terrible person would do something like that.

About Mitch’s feelings, because of his loneliness his desire was to have a wife who loved him and probably have a family. Someone to support him and to accompany him. But at the end he did not accepted Blanche, so probably he was okay alone.

Fabiola Durán

A streetcar named desire Empty Characters

Mensaje por LauraVianney Vie Mayo 06, 2016 1:36 am

Blanche, having lost relatives and her husband, she was a woman who was lonely and for that she make mistakes. the whole situation leads her to show the desire and the desire of finding someone to accept and love her again but this also leads her to lie and make her own reality out of this torment. I think that Blanche was addicted to alcohol and cigarettes. I also believe that if blanche had given him that he needed love and affection would have helped to be better.

Stella, is a character that I think had the desire to form his family and live happily with Stanley despite their problems. I think she was addicted to Stanley as we can realize that they often quarreled and even though he beat her, she was still with him.

Stanley was a very violent person that despite this he had the illusion and dream to "start a family" in their way because he was very happy to know that he would be father soon. Obviously he was addicted to alcohol and because of this, he always got angry faster and beat his wife even though she was pregnant.

Mitch is a man who felt a certain part of the story the desire to marry Blanche, because I think he was in love with her. Also like her mother would die soon, he was looking for someone to keep him company, for fear of loneliness.

LauraVianney

Mensaje por Fabiola Durán Vie Mayo 06, 2016 1:45 am

William Avendaño escribió:Blanche: she was a vain woman who had sexual impulses, besides she was judged by her sexual behavior because I had sex with her students. When she arrived home from her sister, she invented a world of fantasy based on lies that she eventually believed her own lies. She dressed smartly to attract attention Stanley's friends. When her husband died, Blanche was lonely and wanted a companionship and reciprocal support.

Hi William, about her sexual impulses, i would like to share my point of view. i think after her husband's death, she got traumatized and got crazy by the pass of the time. I think it really influenced in her attitude, of course it was not reason to act like she did, but people react different and she reacted like that. Smile

Fabiola Durán

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Vie Mayo 06, 2016 1:55 am

Susana Martinez escribió:Blench: she was lying all the time to keep appearances, she was well flirtatious and conceited, i think she was addicted to flirt with young men, her sexual insticts make have an interest in young men. All her actions did that she drifted away from reality because she believed her own lies, and i think she was fraid of being alone and she did not want that they discovered who she really was.

Stella: she was a submissive woman, although her husband beat her she always forgave him and she had no addictions but apparently her only addiction was to be with Stanley.

Stanley: he was tough, wild, and possessive, he had no beliefs at all, he had the behavior of an animal and he was addicted to alcohol, when he was drunk he beat Stella eventhough she was preganant and finally also he raped Blanche.

Mitch: i think Mitch was the character who really had the illusion to get marry and he wanted to have a family with Blench but he felt betrayed when he knew all the lies of Blench, he was disappointes so much that he could not see her more.

Hello Susana!
I share your opinion about Stella, she was a submissive woman, but also I think that maybe she did anything opposite to her husband because she was afraid and that times autorities did not give help for women as now a day. In my oipinion Stella did anything because she cared about the people opinion when she was alone with a child.

Alma Avelino

Mensaje por LauraVianney Vie Mayo 06, 2016 2:00 am

hello william,
I desagree with you about you say about blanche and stanley about sex. I think they were not really obsessed with that, on the contrary Blanche was in need of affection and I think she thought that was a way to remedy it and his loneliness. And I think Stanley raped blanche to take revenge on her for the times she had criticized.  But I do not think it was as an obsession that they had.

William Avendaño escribió:Blanche: she was a vain woman who had sexual impulses, besides she was judged by her sexual behavior because I had sex with her students. When she arrived home from her sister, she invented a world of fantasy based on lies that she eventually believed her own lies. She dressed smartly to attract attention Stanley's friends. When her husband died, Blanche was lonely and wanted a companionship and reciprocal support.

Stella: She was a young woman who depended on Stanley; she always forgave Stanley because she was obsessed by Stanley. Besides, she defended her sister against her husband but when she uncovered information about Blanche's past, she refused to believe it. Furthermore, she has good reason to suspect that her husband raped Blanche but she pretended it never happened.

Stanley: He was obsessed man with sex, alcohol and gambling. His well-built appearance made him look like a violent man and a sexist, this happened when he took off his shirt to show his strange side and his manhood to Blanche. When he hit his wife and raped Blanche, he had not resentments because he was a man without feelings he liked mistreating and abusing women.

Mitch: he pretended to be a good and educated man. He wanted to marry and form a family with a woman who will love him, because of this; he tried to be a gentleman to attract attention of Blanche. When he uncovered Blanche's dark past, he tried to rape her but she escaped from the house and yelled for the neighbors to hear her.

LauraVianney

Mensaje por LauraVianney Vie Mayo 06, 2016 2:14 am

odalis hernandez escribió:WHAT FEELINGS DISPLAYED THE CHARACTERS?

Blanche: She was a lonely woman, she had had some problems because her sexuality disorders, she also was addicted to cigarettes for that she had never found a man that really love her, she was addicted to youth and she always wore elegant dresses  and lots of jewelry. Blanche had the illusion to find love and get married, and when she moved to her sister home maybe she thought that she could do it, because it was her big desire. Blanche told to her sister some lies and she was well received. But what was her surprise? her brother in law was always trying to discover her past criticizing and bothering her.

Stella: she was a submissive woman, and she was abused by  her husband Stanley he mistreat her lots of times. She displayed desire to be with that man, and maybe she is afraid to loneliness for that she refuses to leave him.
She was pregnant I believe that she wanted to keep her social reputation too, or maybe she had the illusion to have a cosy family. I think that it is a situation that is present nowadays too, some women think that if they do not have a couple they can't do anything alone. For that woman refuses to report abuses to authorities.

Stanley: I have a lot of things to tell about him, so he was an addicted man to alcohol, I believe that he did not have illusion about nothing, also he used to be a violent man and he hit his wife more than once, without take into account that she was pregnant. I believe that he had only two desires: incommode and discover Blanche's lies and get drunk every day with his friends.
He is a clear example of a male chauvinist, not only of the ancient times.

Mitch: From my point of view he was the only person who believed in love of all story's characters. He was a good man educated and respectful. Mitch was in love with Blanche and his only desire was get married  with her. He was a lonely man too, his only illusion was to catch the Blanche's attention. Mitch was always willing to help Blanche and he wanted to be ok with her all the time. I think that his only addiction was his love for Blanche.

hi odalis,
I desagree with you about that Stanley did not have illusion about nothing. For the contrary I think that he had the illussion about have a family and also be a rich man, by the fact that he was always asking about the money that Blanche got from the lost of Belle Rêve.

LauraVianney

Mensaje por Admin Vie Mayo 06, 2016 2:20 am

Hello Fabiola:

Very good analysis of characters and their feelings. Keep it up!

Regards,

Fabiola Durán escribió:
Blanche was a box of surprises. Her attitude was very randomness. I would like to say that she displayed desire because of her loneliness, when she said that she really wanted a man who loved her and to be there to protect her. She was all the time wishing that, but unfortunately it did not happen. The illusion could be when she “heard” the bustle of people and the sound of a shoot that supposedly happened but in many scenes of the film she used to heard or repeat the same scene. But those were just illusions. Also when she invented or believed that a man was going to take her to a cruise.

About the loneliness, I think that something that really represented it was when she was looking for a man to be her husband. Probably because she wanted somebody (apart of her sister Stella) to make her happy and probably to escape of the poverty and her bad image in the other town. The addiction could be to wear expensive and fashion clothes that help her to raise her esteem. She seemed to use many perfumes, jewellery and pretty dresses that someone poor could not allow it.

These feelings influenced in a strange way, she was completely crazy. Personally I think that the society was a main factor for her. She wanted to be a pretty, fine and good lady, but her life was not completely like that and also when she lost her husband obviously  was horrendous for her and could traumatized her.

Stella was a woman who suffered abuse. The illusion probably was her idea of having a relax and normal housewife life. Even thought she was not rich, she looked well when Blanche came to her house. The desire…I would say that her husband was her world. Despite Stanley was an alcoholic, bettor and sometimes hurt her, she always forgave him.

About her loneliness, probably it could be when her husband needed to work many hours and she was alone all of that time. I think that’s why she was very happy when Blanche stayed with her, before all the disaster of course. Stella’s addiction could be again her husband. She was aware of Stanley, she was all the time following him, keeping an eye on him. She really loved him or just was obsessed with him.

I think these feelings soon or later would affect her in some way. Her marriage probably would be always unestablished and the fights would be worse and worse.

Stanley was a completely problem. His addictions of course was the alcohol. He was an alcoholic man and also the poker. Probably in those times those were the thing that the men used to do, but it was affecting his marriage. His desire was the money. When Blanche came to his house the first he asked Stella was about her property. He used to say that there was a law who allowed something like equality, but he just wanted the money.

His illusion probably was to have a son, a pretty wife and be rich. I can imagine that those were the main thing he wanted, but his job was not very good so they were not rich. About the loneliness… I don’t think he felt that. All these feeling converted him in a horrible person, I mean, he was an alcoholic as I said, and he was a violent person. Even though his wife was pregnant, he hit her. Come on! Just a terrible person would do something like that.

About Mitch’s feelings, because of his loneliness his desire was to have a wife who loved him and probably have a family. Someone to support him and to accompany him. But at the end he did not accepted Blanche, so probably he was okay alone.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Admin Vie Mayo 06, 2016 2:23 am

Hello Vianney:

Very good reflection. I agree with you, I think that Blanche needed affection and she confused affection with sex. About Stanley, I do not think he was obsessed with sex. Rape represents power. So, what he really wanted to do is to demonstrate who was the one in control of the house.
Even though Stanley and Stella were open about their sexuality, it does not mean they were obsessed with it. }

Regards,

LauraVianney escribió:hello william,
I desagree with you about you say about blanche and stanley about sex. I think they were not really obsessed with that, on the contrary Blanche was in need of affection and I think she thought that was a way to remedy it and his loneliness. And I think Stanley raped blanche to take revenge on her for the times she had criticized.  But I do not think it was as an obsession that they had.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Admin Vie Mayo 06, 2016 2:31 am

Hello Yuriana:

Why do you say:" she considered a woman who has never known indignity"? What do you mean?

How can you be so sure Stella stood her husband's abuse for her son? When in a relationship one of them abuse the other, they both have psychological problems. Don't you think so? You do not mention what feelings she has.

Do you really think staley was addicted to sex? Do you really think that he apparented to be a good man, husband and friend? Think about it.

Do you think Mitch "is the only person who seemed understand the tragedy of Blanche"?

I guess you need to watch the movie again. Please write proper names with capital letters.

Regards,

yuriana trinidad escribió:blanche: i think she was a wowan judged by the society, her  family fortune and estate are gone, she lost her husband years ago, he suicided. she had a problem with alcohol, blanche is an unsure and dislocated person and for that kind of problem that she had passed she considered a woman who has never known indignity. she was lonely, she searched her hapinness into men

stella: she shared a robust relationship with Stanley. she had not addiction but she suffered from abuse of Stanley, i think that she did it for her son.

stanley: is a bad person who had an addiction with the alcohol gambling, bowling and  sex,  and for that reason hit his wife. he apparented to be a good man, husband and frined.

Mitch: is the only person who seemed understand the tragedy of blanche, he was alone  because he suffered the death of a loved one. he wanted to be with a person.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Melisa Leyva Rivera Vie Mayo 06, 2016 2:55 am

Well i think each character has his/her own behavior.

Blanche: I think she was a person that was concerned just in her appearance, she also was concerned in to look young, but i think she lived in a big fantasy, because we know that she was not young, she really seemed as a woman, not as a girl, and maybe she felt good with her attitud, i mean dress stylishly, wear jewelry, etc. Another thing is that Blanche  liked smoking, that is another problem that she  had. In my opinion Blanche felt alone, i realised that she wanted a love, because of her attitude and her apeareance.

Stella: I think she was a person that was afraid to be alone, because she endured all the bad things that Stanley did, but as the same time I think she was in love with Stanley, because despite all the mistreatment that he did, she forgave him, that´s why i said that. We know that Stella was pregnant, it could be another possibility that she continued with Stanley, maybe she was worry about her baby, i mean she wanted that her baby had a father. She had all the concerns of a mother.

Stanley: He was a male chauvinist, agresive and impulsive man, for any stupid thing he gets angry, and beats his wife (Stella). He also used to drink lot of alcohol, I thing he had that behavior (because of the alcohol). But also it seemed that he loved his wife, because he apologized for his actions. But he preferred the vice.

Mitch: he was a polite person, with a good personality and of course good feelings, educated and with a lot of values. I could say that he was the perfect man, he had no vices, he was not a male chauvinist, he wanted to get married with Blanche, he wanted a family with her, just that she didn´t want because he looked "old" for her. For me he was the best character of the movie.

Última edición por Melisa Leyva Rivera el Vie Mayo 06, 2016 3:02 am, editado 1 vez

Melisa Leyva Rivera

Mensaje por Admin Vie Mayo 06, 2016 2:58 am

Hello Melissa:

Thank you for your description of the characters, but I think that you completely forgot about the feelings I asked about.

Regards,

Melisa Leyva Rivera escribió:Well i think each character has his/her own behavior.

Blanche: I think she was a person that was concerned just in her appearance, she also was concerned in to look young, but i think she lived in a big fantasy, because we know that she was not young, she really seemed as a woman, not as a girl, and maybe she felt good with her attitud, i mean dress stylishly, wear jewelry, etc. Another thing is that Blanche  liked to smok, that is another problem that she  had. In my opinion Blanche felt alone, i realised that she wanted a love, because of her attitude and her apeareance.

Stella: I think she was a person that was afraid to be alone, because she endured all the bad things that Stanley did, but as the same time I think she was in love with Stanley, because despite all the mistreatment that he did, she forgave him, that´s why i said that. We know that Stella was pregnant, it could be another possibility that she continued with Stanley, maybe she was worry about her baby, i mean she wanted that her baby had a father. She had all the concerns of a mother.

Stanley: He was a male chauvinist, agresive and impulsive man, for any stupid thing he gets angry, and beats his wife (Stella). He also used to drink lot of alcohol, I thing he had that behavior (because of the alcohol). But also it seemed that he loved his wife, because he apologized for his actions. But he preferred the vice.

Mitch: he was a polite person, with a good personality and of course good feelings, educated and with a lot of values. I could say that he was the perfect man, he had no vices, he was not a male chauvinist, he wanted to get married with Blanche, he wanted a family with her, just that she didn´t want because he looked "old" for her. For me he was the best character of the movie.

Admin
Admin

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 1 de 3. 1, 2, 3  Siguiente