Foro1: Our Nig
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

A streetcar named desire

+16
atalo96
Jaycie Gonzalez
Giezi.Sinai
Alondra Centeno
Melisa Leyva Rivera
Alma Avelino
LauraVianney
Fabiola Durán
odalis hernandez
yuriana trinidad
William Avendaño
Susana Martinez
Margarita Bravo
Carolina Job
Sergio Enrique
Admin
20 participantes

Página 3 de 3. Precedente  1, 2, 3

A streetcar named desire - Página 3 Empty Re: A streetcar named desire

Mensaje por Itzel Maldonado Vie Mayo 06, 2016 11:21 pm

Alondra Centeno escribió:Explain how each of the four main characters – Blanche, Stella, Stanley, and Mitch – display desire, illusion, loneliness and addiction.  How these feelings influence their actions?

Blanche: then she lost fortune her family and her husband, she discovered that her husband was homosexual, i think it was a reason which blanche had sexual frustration. she also had problem with alcohol thoung she tried to hide. she was in really alone, when she went with her sister "stella" she lied hear. she was a women with much illusion she had the hope of having a family again but she was suffered an colapso when stanley raped her.

Stella: she was a good person, she fall in love of Stanley when she left her house, stella married with Stanley, who hit her always but stella forgave him, she did because she thinks by her son. when stella discovered about Blanche´s past, she can not believe about the rape. finally stella does not have any adittion but in my opinion i think she had which it was his husband becase during the movie she did not want to leave him.

Stanley: He does not believe in the illusions, but he has an addiction with alcohol which caused he hit to Stella even though she was pregnant. He had a vicious temper with stella but also with blanche.

Mitch: he was a man simple when he saw to Blanche, Mitch believed that Blanche was suitable to him. he had much illusions to marry with blanche and it creat a new family with her, for that reason he was educated with her and he tried to court her.

Hi alondra, in my opinion Stanley had the ilussion of had a son and be rich and about Blanche i don't think she had sexual frustation.

Itzel Maldonado

Mensaje por Susana Martinez Vie Mayo 06, 2016 11:27 pm

Alondra Centeno escribió:Explain how each of the four main characters – Blanche, Stella, Stanley, and Mitch – display desire, illusion, loneliness and addiction.  How these feelings influence their actions?

Blanche: then she lost fortune her family and her husband, she discovered that her husband was homosexual, i think it was a reason which blanche had sexual frustration. she also had problem with alcohol thoung she tried to hide. she was in really alone, when she went with her sister "stella" she lied hear. she was a women with much illusion she had the hope of having a family again but she was suffered an colapso when stanley raped her.

Stella: she was a good person, she fall in love of Stanley when she left her house, stella married with Stanley, who hit her always but stella forgave him, she did because she thinks by her son. when stella discovered about Blanche´s past, she can not believe about the rape. finally stella does not have any adittion but in my opinion i think she had which it was his husband becase during the movie she did not want to leave him.

Stanley: He does not believe in the illusions, but he has an addiction with alcohol which caused he hit to Stella even though she was pregnant. He had a vicious temper with stella but also with blanche.

Mitch: he was a man simple when he saw to Blanche, Mitch believed that Blanche was suitable to him. he had much illusions to marry with blanche and it creat a new family with her, for that reason he was educated with her and he tried to court her.

I think the same thing, Blanche was like that for the fact when she discovered that her husband was homosexual so she started to be different. Stella was a kind of submissive because she always forgave her husband when he beat her. Stanley did not have illusions and he was alcoholic man. And Mitch was cute he had illusion but he felt betrayed by Blanche and it was so sad for him.

Susana Martinez

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 12:04 am

First, In the case of Blanche, I think that the main thing that Blanche wanted was affection, she wanted to have someone to share her life but unfortunately Blanche liked the young men and one of the concequences about her desire was that Blanche lost her job because she had had a relationship with one of her classmates. Blanche was adicted to cigarettes and alcohol but in my opinion Blanche also had addiction to young men. The Blanche ilusion maybe was that she wanted to see herself more young.

Second, for me Stella was a woman addicted to her housband because she was overly in loved with Stanley. Maybe Stella was too scared about Stanley´s behavior. Despite of Stanley always beated Stella, she always forgave him. I think that the Stella ilusion was that she hoped that Stanley´s behavior changed to be happy and perhaps Stella did not leave her husband because she did not want to be alone.

About Stanley, from my point of view he did not have ilusion in nothing and of course that he was very addicted to alcohol and card games because he always was drunk. During the movie we saw that he always played pack of cards with his friends. As consequence of his alcohol addiction he beated struck Stella even when she was pregnant.

Finally Mitch, I think that he only wanted to get married with Blanche and maybe he leved Blanche of good manner but in my opinion Mitch´s problem was that he get delusions very soon about Blanche although he knew nothing about the past of Blanche.

Alma Avelino

A streetcar named desire - Página 3 Empty Re: Vianey

Mensaje por Alma Avelino Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 12:15 am

Hello Vianey!
I disagree with you about Blanche when you say that Blanche made mistakes maybe because she was alone, well, I think that even she was lonely it was not excuse to have relationship with her pupils, so when someone is alones it is not reason to make mistakes like Blanche´s mistakes.
I agree with you about Blanche maybe needed love but she should not to have relationship with her classmates.

Alma Avelino

A streetcar named desire - Página 3 Empty RE: A Streetcar Named Desire.

Mensaje por Edgar Valdés Duque Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 1:32 am

Admin escribió:Explain how each of the four main characters – Blanche, Stella, Stanley, and Mitch – display desire, illusion, loneliness and addiction.  How these feelings influence their actions?

Blanche DuBois: She was a woman with a lot of mentally issues, all her life was portraited as a big mess, due to the fact that she manipulated and lied to everyone around her, leaving her family's main house affected her as she felt isolated and abandoned. It's such a shame how she ended up being sexually abused and put into an institution. I would say she displays more Addiction attributes due to her long abuse of alcohol and the constant act of lying

Stella DuBois She was Blanche's younger sister, and Stanley's wife. She was a very incredule woman who was discriminated, humilliated and beaten by his abusive husband, she was very dependant on him and very naive. She tought that his husband could change and stayed with him despite all of the bad thing he did to her. She desplays Illusion as she has faith that his husband will stop doing such terrible deeds to her.

Stanley Kowalski He is a very intense man, who most of the times lets himself be driven by his most primal instinct, he developed an abbrasive hate towards Blanche, and we can especulate that, one of the reason why she beat her wife, was because of his hate towards his wife's sister. Oddly he was very passionate about the things he cherished and one of those things is sex. I will attribute Desire to him, because he raped Blanche at the end, he was a very mentally ill man whose frame of love/hate was very obnoxious.

Harold Mitchell Harold was a very noble and gentle man, he was always very polite and was the kind of guy who suffered bullying from others just because of his well manners, Mitch was attracted to Blanche at first, he thought that her could be that special girl that he could marry, but Mitch's perspective towards her changed when he found out about her past and all the terrible things she has done, despite of all that, regardless of what he knew about her, he never was disrespectful to her, even towards the end of the story. I will attribute Loneliness to him because he was a misunderstood man, only trying to find sincere love

Edgar Valdés Duque

A streetcar named desire - Página 3 Empty Respuesta a Alma Avelino

Mensaje por Edgar Valdés Duque Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 1:38 am

Alma Avelino escribió:First, In the case of Blanche, I think that the main thing that Blanche wanted was affection, she wanted to have someone to share her life but unfortunately Blanche liked the young men and one of the concequences about her desire was that Blanche lost her job because she had had a relationship with one of her classmates. Blanche was adicted to cigarettes and alcohol but in my opinion Blanche also had addiction to young men. The Blanche ilusion maybe was that she wanted to see herself more young.

Second, for me Stella was a woman addicted to her housband because she was overly in loved with Stanley. Maybe Stella was too scared about Stanley´s behavior. Despite of Stanley always beated Stella, she always forgave him. I think that the Stella ilusion was that she hoped that Stanley´s behavior changed to be happy and perhaps Stella did not leave her husband because she did not want to be alone.

About Stanley, from my point of view he did not have ilusion in nothing and of course that he was very addicted to alcohol and card games because he always was drunk. During the movie we saw that he always played pack of cards with his friends. As consequence of his alcohol addiction he beated struck Stella even when she was pregnant.

Finally Mitch, I think that he only wanted to get married with Blanche and maybe he leved Blanche of good manner but in my opinion  Mitch´s problem was that he get delusions very soon about Blanche although he knew nothing about the past of Blanche.

I agree with, most of the problems occured in this story is because the lack of affection towards the girls in the story, I think that if the women would have had someone honest and caring by their side, things would have been completely different, sometimes the people that we most love are the ones that most hurt us.

Also, do you think that being a girl or women in that time, affected their lives? Would their case repeat itself if their situation would happen in recent times?

Edgar Valdés Duque

Mensaje por Edgar Valdés Duque Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 1:44 am

Carolina Job escribió:Blanche - She was definitely addicted to her lies. She rather be living a lie that confronting her real life and problems. She was lonely, she searched for men's approval, somehow trying to give herself some value every time a man wanted to sleep with her. She tried to gain respect and prestige again by getting married, one again giving all her value as a person depend on other's approval. She was really scared and insecure.

Stella: Stella was a young woman who seemed to have made it. She chose to take Stanley's side instead of her sister's. Even when her husband treated her so badly, she didn't leave him, she dependent too much on him.

Stanley: He was obsessed with show Blanche's lies, that was what he desired, even though she was his sister in law. He apparented to be a good man, husband and friend, but he only wanted things his way. He was a pretender just as Blanche. He was addicted to alcohol, and when he got drunk he left all his rage come out. He did not only hit her wife but raped Blanche, and he didn't seem to feel guilty about it.

Mitch:I believe Mitch was the most innocent among the characters, though no less lonely nor needy. He behaved like a gentleman, but he just wanted to get married to bring a wife to his house before his mother's death, and Blanche could fulfill that desire of his .  When he found out about Blanche's lies he felt really mad, I can understand that he felt betrayed and fooled, but I think that asking her to have sex with him was out of the question. He didn't want to get married or have anything to do after knowing the truth but he asked her that like she owned him. At the end he felt bad for her.

I agree with you entirely, it is very sad what she went through, even when Blanche did all those terrible things in her past, she didn't deserve to end like that, treated less than an animal. The story was good, but very crude, as it portraits a reality that not only happened in the past, but also still prevails to this day.

Edgar Valdés Duque

Mensaje por Jaycie Gonzalez Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 7:16 am

[/justify]
sofia Zavala escribió:Blanche: I think she was a lonely fragile woman, she was a person who avoids reality, preferring to live in her own imagination influenced by her illusions; she was addicted to pretend the life that she wanted to have with lies.
I think Blanche was a person who lived in the past, i think she felt that she still was sixteen; she was addicted to seeing beauty and young, she suffered of loneliness because she fell in love with her husband at that age, and she lost her husband years ago.
so I think is in part the reason of her behavior with her students, she was influenced by her feelings of    desire to having a little affection, she was searching for somebody to care about her, but she was confusing affection with sex.  

Stella: Stella was a loving but submissive woman, I think she was in love with her husband but had an illusion of it, as a good husband and was not, but mostly I think his fear of feeling loneliness made her act that way, I think Stella thought he did not want to be alone as was his sister and clear that expecting a child and knew that a divorced woman and a child would be frowned upon in society.

Stanley: he was an ambitious man with the illusion of being a rich man and have a family, and with a desire for power, to have control of everything, including control over Stella or any woman that looked weak before him and think that was part of his desire for power that made him beating Stella and raping Blanche, apart from that he was an alcoholic, he was addicted to alcohol gambling, and money. Stanley was obsessed with discovering the Blanche lies and make Stella was on their side and not his sister.
Mich :I think it was a sincere man Mich and polite and their attitude toward Blanche was good, he was a gentleman, I think his only illusion  was in love with a woman who did not exist, as Blanche had created a false version of her. Mich had the desire of a woman who can take care as a wife but I think he felt that because he wanted to care about her as he cares about his Mom. When he discovered the true about Blanche, he just wanted to have sex with her , I think he lose the control because his feelings about desire and I think after know the things that she did , he wanted her like a sexual object , but he felt bad later about her , I think he really cares about her.

Hello Sofi!
I really agree with you regarding Stella. She was submissive woman and she only blinded and she did not want to be alone because she was waited a baby and society could criticize. I also think that she saw the sister’s life and maybe she though that she did not want to end up like Blanche.
And Blanche really lived in the past and the illusion because I felt that she acted as a young girl and spoiled.[justify][

Jaycie Gonzalez

Mensaje por Jaycie Gonzalez Sáb Mayo 07, 2016 7:56 am

Susana Martinez escribió:Blench: she was lying all the time to keep appearances, she was well flirtatious and conceited, i think she was addicted to flirt with young men, her sexual insticts make have an interest in young men. All her actions did that she drifted away from reality because she believed her own lies, and i think she was fraid of being alone and she did not want that they discovered who she really was.

Stella: she was a submissive woman, although her husband beat her she always forgave him and she had no addictions but apparently her only addiction was to be with Stanley.

Stanley: he was tough, wild, and possessive, he had no beliefs at all, he had the behavior of an animal and he was addicted to alcohol, when he was drunk he beat Stella eventhough she was preganant and finally also he raped Blanche.

Mitch: i think Mitch was the character who really had the illusion to get marry and he wanted to have a family with Blench but he felt betrayed when he knew all the lies of Blench, he was disappointes so much that he could not see her more.

Hi Susi!
I agree with you regarding Blanche. I think that she did not want to be alone and she only want to draw attention, maybe she was needed of love but she suffered a heartbreak whe her exhusband cheated with another man, I think that it must have been a blow to her.
Regarding Mitch, i also think that he had the illusion of having a family and he had hope of havig a beautiful woman but when he knew the truth he felt bad but still he wanted Blanche maybe for her vulnerability and they shared a past.

Jaycie Gonzalez

Mensaje por ariane Mar Mayo 10, 2016 6:14 am

Blanche is a extravagant woman who was living a illusion because she never got over her horrible past therefore she always lied to her sister about her life and unfortunately she acted like a young woman who did not have any problem even she flirted constantely. she also was too concerned about her appearance. Perhaps she did all these things because she felt alone and need to be loved.

Stella reflects a weak woman since she dependent too much on her husband even althought she was treated violently by him, maybe she was really felling in love with him or she did not just want to be alone.

Stanley was a really rude and violent person, because he never was a man since he beat her wife up when he was drunk. He had an addiction with the Blanche' lies, and he desired to know about his wife's states what made him seems an ambitious and an abusive person.

Mitch was a naive character since he believed all the blanche's lies maybe because he was in love with her, or maybe he just wanted to married because it was his mother's desire before she died.

ariane

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 3 de 3. Precedente  1, 2, 3